What’s inside this Off-Boarding Checklist Template:
Ensure that the following parties are notified of exit.
- Notify the employee’s manager
- Notify the Human Resources department to initiate the process
- Notify Finance and IT to off-board payroll and equipment
Provide the employee with the documents below before exiting.
- Employee termination form
- Other applicable documents
Prepare for the transition by completing the steps below:
- Fill the new role (whether new or existing employee)
- Setting up a transfer of knowledge
- Make necessary department changes as a result of this departure
- Have the departing employee prepare materials for the next employee
- Book training sessions
Schedule an exit interview to have the employee share insights.
- Prepare and schedule an exit interview
- Gather all answers and data from the interview and share insights with relevant teams
Ensure the following items are returned before the employees last day/
- Cell Phone