You only have 24 hours in a day to make your way through your to-do list. And that doesn’t count the hours spent asleep.
Wouldn’t it be great if there was a tool that could help free up some of your time so you could spend it on other things? Thanks to writing tools powered by artificial intelligence (AI) and other AI productivity tools, time-pressed professionals can now produce high-caliber content in just a fraction of the time required for manual writing.
These AI writing tools produce content that resembles that of a person by using machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence algorithms. With these advances and AI joining the workforce, we can now spend less time writing certain types of content without having the quality suffer.
Are you new to AI writing software? Fellow is here to break it all down and give you seven suggestions for which AI writing tool to add to your tech stack.
- What is AI writing assistant software?
- What to look for in an AI writing assistant
- The best AI writing assistants
- Elevate your writing game with Fellow
What is AI writing assistant software?
AI writing assistant software uses technology like machine learning to help users with things like research, localization, grammar, spell check, and tone as they move through the steps of the writing process. These tools also use natural language processing to analyze text as you write and make suggestions and recommendations. Some can even detect plagiarism.
AI writing tools can be used for many purposes, no matter your role or the industry in which you work. Some of these purposes include simplifying meeting notes, writing blogs, answering customer service questions, creating job listings, and taking notes throughout a project.
No matter what you’re looking to write, chances are an AI writing assistant can do just that—assist!
The most integrated AI transcriptions and recordings
Say goodbye to disjointed AI tools. Fellow’s AI recording, transcription, and summaries are linked to every meeting and calendar so everything is in one place.
What to look for in an AI writing assistant
If you’re on the hunt for an AI writing assistant, there are certain qualities to keep an eye out for. Ultimately, the qualities you favor more heavily than others will depend on how you and your team are looking to use these tools, the type of content you need help writing, and how often you’ll be using these tools for your writing needs.
- Ease of use
- Tools powered by GPT or a similar large language model
- Control over the text output
- Accuracy and reliability
First up is the price. Since most teams have a price in mind or a budget they need to stay within, determining affordability is a must for narrowing down your list of AI writing generators. While there are several free options on the market, the more expensive options often have better features and a more user-friendly interface, and can sometimes even generate better, more human-sounding content.
Ease of use
AI writing assistant tools should make your life easier, so they should be easy to use, too. You don’t want to have to fight the AI tool to write what you want, use the right tone, or sound human. Even though there will always be some readjusting of the prompt necessary to get the exact output you’re looking for, this process shouldn’t take longer than writing the content yourself.
Tools powered by GPT or a similar large language model
Another element to look out for is a tool powered by GPT, also known as Generative Pre-trained Transformer (a term created by OpenAI), or a similar large language model. While some tools are beginning to hide what models they use, chances are it’s the GPT application programming interface that’s doing most of the writing behind the scenes.
Control over the text output
The best AI tools are the ones that give users control over elements like language, style, tone, and content. Ultimately, users want the ability to collaborate with these tools, enter exactly what type of writing they’re looking for, and get great copy the first time. Some tools even allow you to enter a default brand voice, making it easy to ensure all copy aligns with your organization and its products or services.
Accuracy and reliability
Finally, there’s accuracy and reliability. You want to avoid tools that write copy that sounds too spammy or artificial. Instead, go with ones that can produce content that is accurate based on the given prompt and that are reliable and can be used for various tasks.
The best AI writing assistants
Ready to make a decision? Check out our list of the seven best AI writing software to help you make the right choice for your needs.
First up is Fellow, the only all-in-one AI meeting transcription and management software for remote and hybrid teams.
- Boasts the AI Meeting Copilot with features such as AI transcription, AI summaries, and AI agendas
- Has over 500 meeting templates to help teams run more productive and efficient meetings
- Provides support before, during, and after every meeting with collaborative agendas, action items, OKRs, and feedback features.
- Offers over 50 integrations to pair easily with the tech stack your team already uses
Pricing: Starts at $7 per user per month
There’s also Jasper, an AI writing tool that can write blog articles, social media posts, marketing emails, and more.
- Can write in over 30 languages
- Allows users to input a brand voice and style guide
- Offers solutions by industry to get an output of tailored content
- Provides analytics and insights so teams can easily improve the performance of their content with AI
Pricing: Jasper offers users a free trial with paid plans starting at $59 per month/seat.
Another option to consider is Copy.ai, a great AI writing tool for sales and marketing teams interested in improving their go-to-market strategy and streamlining their content creation process.
- Can generate targeted sales copy that speaks directly to the pain points of customers
- Offers content, demand gen, and SEO workflows for marketing teams
- Provides pre-selected prompts for fast answers
- Allows you include your brand voice for more personalized outputs
Pricing: Copy.ai has a free plan available with one seat and 2,000 words in a chat. There’s also a Pro plan for $36/month with 5 seats and a chat with unlimited words.
Next up is Writer, a full-stack generative AI platform for enterprises.
- Is compliant with SOC 2 Type II, GDPR, Privacy Shield, HIPAA, and PCI
- Can create custom apps to support any use case, including digital assistants, content generation, summarization, and data analysis
- Delivers content that reflects your brand, knowledge, and rules
Pricing: The Team option is a basic plan for individuals just getting started with generative AI and is $18/month for up to 5 users. Teams needing more should reach out to the Writer sales team for more information.
Another option to consider is Writesonic, an AI writing and image generation platform that can create content up to ten times faster than the average AI writing tool. It provides users with the tools needed to simplify the process of creating, editing, and publishing articles, blog posts, ads, landing pages, and more.
- Allows users input their unique brand voice
- Allows users to choose the type of content they’re creating, like a blog post, ad, or case study
- Integrates with Google to pull the latest information, ensuring accurate and up-to-date content
Pricing: A free plan is available for one user and 10,000 words a month. The first paid plan is $13 a month for one user and 200,000 words a month.
Next up is Grammarly, an AI communication assistant that will always be up to speed on your context and preferred writing style.
- Can compose, ideate, rewrite, and reply with an AI co-creator informed by your specific and unique context and goals
- Helps users write by offering simple prompts
- Offers feedback on correctness, style, tone, and more
Pricing: Grammarly offers a free plan with limited features and functionality. There’s also a Premium plan for $12 a month and a Business plan for $15 a month with additional features.
There’s also Rytr, an AI writing tool that can write blogs, emails, and ad copies in seconds.
- Can write in over 30 languages
- Allows users to choose from over 20 tones of voice
- Has a long list of extensions to go with tools your team already knows and loves
Pricing: In addition to a free plan, Rytr offers the Saver plan at $9 a month and the Unlimited plan at $29 a month.
Elevate your writing game with Fellow
Teams interested in running amazing meetings using the power of AI should look no further than Fellow.
Fellow’s AI recording, transcription, and summaries are linked to every meeting and calendar, ensuring teams have everything they need in one place. Plus, Fellow’s AI Meeting Copilot takes cues from meeting titles, meeting descriptions, and previous meeting notes and attendees to suggest relevant meeting structures, topics, and talking points so your meetings are set up for success.
What’s next? Explore Fellow’s catalog to learn more about effective meetings and to choose from over 500 meeting agenda templates.