What’s inside this Engineering Manager Interview Template:
Give the candidate an opportunity to introduce themselves to you and potentially other interviewers.
- Tell me about yourself?
2👤 Management experience
Learn a little bit more about the candidate’s previous management experience.
- How would you describe your leadership style?
- How do you create a winning environment?
- Why are you interested in a management role?
- How do you keep engineering teams motivated?
- How would you go about hiring top engineering talent?
Learn a little more about their strategic vision for an engineering team within an organization.
- Can you tell me about a project you lead as an engineering manager?
- What do you believe your role is as an engineering manager?
- How do you see the design team growing as the business evolves?
Learn a little bit more about how they would collaborate with other teams.
- How should engineer teams be structured?
- How do you manage multiple high-priority projects?
- How do you communicate with senior leadership?
- How should the developing, product and design teams collaborate?
Any questions for me?