What’s inside this New Manager First Team Meeting Template:
1 👋 Who I am
Share who you are with the team. What motivates you? What inspires you? What brings you fulfillment?
2 🌱 Leadership philosophy
Share your leadership philosophy by answering these questions.
- What do you see as the purpose of a manager?
- What do you value? Who do you look up to?
- What drew you to the organization?
3 💬 Thoughtful questions
Learn about your team by asking them thoughtful questions. Here are some ideas for questions you can ask…
- What do you want to change in this team?
- What’s been the most frustrating thing to have encountered with the team lately?
- Where do you see the biggest opportunity for improvement with the team?
- How do you prefer to receive feedback? (verbal, written, in-person)? How do you prefer to give feedback? (verbal, written, in-person)?
- What’s been the most motivating project you’ve worked on all year? With whom? And why?
- What excites and energizes you about the company?
- What do you think has been a big obstacle to progress?
4 ✅ Next steps
What are the outcomes of this meeting? What are the next steps?