What’s inside this Product Designer Interview Template:
Give the candidate an opportunity to introduce themselves to you and potentially other interviewers.
- Tell me about yourself?
2👤 Design experience
Learn about the candidate’s previous design experience.
- Can you explain a key project in your portfolio?
- Can you describe a design project that you are most proud of? Who did you work with, and what was your role?
- What design tools are you familiar and comfortable with?
- Can you describe when you’ve used data to solve a problem?
Learn more about how they would collaborate with other teams.
- How should designers collaborate with other branches of the business?
- Describe a time when you worked closely with software engineers or the product. How did it go?
4✍️ Other questions
Learn a little bit more about how they would collaborate with other teams.
- What are some of your strengths and areas of improvement?
- How do you keep up with the latest design trends? What resources do you use to inspire yourself?
- What parts of the design process are most exciting for you and why?
- What does it mean to be a great product designer?
Any questions for me?