What’s inside this Startup Co-Founder Interview Template:
1Personality and incentives
Learn about both parties’ personality and their incentives to embark on a new venture.
- Why do you want to build a startup?
- What would be your personal goals for this company?
Discuss past experiences.
- Have you built a company before? What was the outcome?
- What is your experience in this industry? (for example, in the software industry)
- What is your ideal outcome for salary in the early stages? Are you comfortable working unpaid?
- Do you have any experience fundraising? What are your thoughts on fundraising?
- Can you share a time you did something you have never done before? How did you handle it? What was the outcome?
3Working styles and culture
Discuss both preferred working style and building culture.
- If you had to come up with three words to describe the culture you want to create, what would they be?
- What values would you want to instill in our employees?
- What is your experience working or managing diverse teams?
- What roles do you think the first five hires will be?
4Roles and responsibilities
Discuss potential roles and responsibilities if you move forward.
- What are your best skills and competencies? How do you think we should divide the responsibilities within the business?
- What will our decision-making process in the early stages look like?
- What should the equity split be?