Back to Template Gallery
Weekly Team MeetingsAgile MeetingsPlanning MeetingsDesign MeetingsLobbying MeetingsEngineering MeetingsLegal MeetingsHospital Staff MeetingsGovernment MeetingsCustomer Success MeetingsRetrospective MeetingsMarketing MeetingsSales MeetingsHR MeetingsBoard MeetingsProject Meetings1-on-1 MeetingsExpert-Approved TemplatesRemote Meetings
What’s inside Career Development Conversation Meeting Template:
1 🔍 Life Story
Understand people’s motivations and values, the things that drive them.
- Starting with kindergarten, tell me about your life.
- What have been the major pivots and transitions?
- Why did you make them?
- What did those transitions teach you about what you love/hate about work?
Understand where people want to be at the pinnacle of their careers.
- What do you want the pinnacle of your career to look like?
- List 4-5 different dreams for the future.
- What skills are needed to accomplish those dreams?
- How can I help you acquire those skills? (brainstorm)
3 💪 Career action plan
Create an eighteen-month plan.
- What do you need to learn in order to move in the direction of your dreams?
- How will you prioritize the things you need to learn?
- What opportunities at work would help you develop those skills in the next six to eighteen months? (brainstorm)
4 ✅ Action items
What are the next steps?