What’s inside this Nurse Practitioner Interview Template:
Ask the candidate to give a quick introduction.
- Tell me about yourself?
2✍️ Situational questions
Present relevant situations to the candidate to understand how they would react and resolve the issues.
- You are seeing a patient for a routine exam and suddenly, they start to complain of dizziness. What do you do?
- Your patient is a homeless woman with schizophrenia and diabetes. What is your approach to evaluation and management?
3✍️ Behavioural questions
Ask the candidate about their previous experience to understand how they have dealt with things in the past.
- Tell me about a time you had a patient with asthma. How did you come to understand the level of risk and explain treatment options?
- Tell me about a time you had to tell a patient that they didn’t need the antibiotics they demanded.
- Describe a scenario where you went above and beyond to provide exceptional patient care.
- Describe a situation when you had to work closely with a difficult colleague.
Ask the candidate what systems they are familiar with.
- What is your experience with using electronic health records (EHRs)? Which systems have you used?
5🌿 Work environment
Ask the candidate what their ideal work environment looks like.
- Describe a perfect day at work.
Any questions for me?
7✅ Next steps
Communicate with the candidate what the next steps are.