What’s inside this Top 10 Questions Great Managers Ask During 1-on-1’s:
A quick check-in about how you’re doing.
- How’s life outside of work?
What are your current priorities?
- What are your top priorities this week?
Things I want to get your feedback on to improve or change.
- Would you like more or less direction from me?
- How do you find yourself working with the team? Is there anything we can do to improve team culture?
- Are our meetings a good use of your time? What can we do to improve them?
- What’s something I should consider changing or start doing?
- Do I give you enough feedback?
Questions about career and professional development that I could assist you with.
- What’s one recent win and one recent situation you wish you handled differently?
- Are there any skills that you’d like to acquire in the short term?
- What are your long-term professional goals?
5✅ Action Items
What came out of this meeting?
Anything else to write down?