Sales Discovery Meeting Template
Use this discovery call template to identify new opportunities and set the trajectory of your deal. Curated by Gong.
What’s inside this Sales Discovery Meeting Template:
Ask situational questions to qualify your buyer:
- What is your [or your team’s] process for X?
- Why do you do X this way?
- Is there a budget in place for X?
- How much time have you spent doing X this way?
- How much budget do you have assigned to X?
- How much of an impact does X have on your business?
2 Unearth pain
Surface areas of opportunity and paint a picture of what could be “going better.”
- How satisfied are you with X?
- What’s your biggest challenge as it relates to X?
- What will prevent you from achieving your top priorities?
- How many people do you have to bring in to achieve your desired results?
- What happens if you fail to achieve X?
- If a problem surfaces with X, are you able to easily solve it?
3 Intensify pain
Ask implication questions to reveal how deep the pain points of your buyers are.
- How much money are you wasting due to X problem?
- How is X impacting the rest of your team?
- How many opportunities have you missed as a result of this problem?
- Has it impacted your organization’s morale? How so?
- What happens if you don’t [accomplish goal] by the end of this year?
4 Build a vision
Open up a discussion about the end result and a solution that could be delivered.
- What do you personally gain from achieving X goal?
- How much money would you save each month by resolving Y?
- If you could wave a magic wand, how would you change your operation?
- What’s the ideal state for your and your team at this point? How do you get there?
5 Next steps
Schedule your next step before you end the discovery call.