Together Platform’s 1-on-1 Engineering Mentoring Session Meeting Agenda Template
Help engineers break the ice in their mentorship meetings and kick-start growth conversations.
What’s inside Together Platform’s 1-on-1 Engineering Mentoring Session Meeting Agenda Template:
1Career history 📜
Discuss quarterly OKRs and their progress.
- What are you most proud of in your career?
- Did you think this is where you would end up?
- What’s unique about your career approach compared to others?
- What used to be your biggest weakness?
2Long-term career goals 🎯
Discuss future career goals and your longer-term plan.
- Where do you see yourself in five to ten years?
- Do you think your goals are lofty or very attainable?
- What about your goals motivates you?
- Do you know of anyone that has achieved the goals you have? Do you look up to them as role models?
3Situation-based exercise 🙆
Share a problem with your mentor that you’d like help navigating and discuss how to best address these situations.
4Work-life balance ☀️
Prioritize work-life balance by asking your mentor any of the following questions:
- Have you ever been burnout in your career? How did you deal with it?
- How do you think about work-life balance?
- Do you have practical tips for how to decompress or rest and recharge when not at work?
- How do you make time for everything you need to do professionally and personally?
- How do you recognize that you’re starting to fall out of balance and experience burnout?