What’s inside this Agenda Questions for First One-on-One Meeting:
Establish a relationship by inquiring into your new employee’s personal life.
- What are your hobbies?
- What is one thing you’d like to do more of in your spare time?
- What do you want to know about me?
Check-in on how the onboarding process is going.
- How has your first week been?
- Anything that surprised or confused you?
- What is confusing or unclear?
- Is there anything you’d like more information or resources on?
- What can I do to make sure the next 2 weeks are successful for you?
- Do you feel connected or disconnected from the team? In what way?
List the team expectations and company-wide expectations.
- What is your ideal working environment? (e.g., Independent or collaborative worker)
- What makes you feel valued at work? Undervalued?
- Do you have any work-related pet peeves?
- What are your expectations from me?
- What are your expectations from the rest of the team?
4🎯Goals and personal development
Discuss goals and objectives in the personal development sphere.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of so far this year/quarter?
- How are you tracking your progress on your goals?
- What are your goals for the next year?
- What do you see yourself doing in two years? Five years? Ten years?
- What obstacles stand in the way of accomplishing your long-term goals?
- What support do you need? How can I help you achieve these goals?