What’s inside this Customer Success Reference Check Meeting Template:
1 🔍 Context
Start the call by introducing yourself and thanking the reference for their time. Then, proceed to ask the following questions.
- Tell me about how you and [name] worked together.
- Can you confirm what their title was?
2 🤝 Collaboration and Customer Service
Understand if the candidate possesses teamwork and communication skills.
- How did [name] get along with others in the workplace?
- What are [name]’s customer service skills?
- How were their interactions with customers?
3 🚀 Performance
Ask questions to understand the candidate’s strengths — as well as their areas of improvement.
- What advice do you have for their hiring manager to get the most out of their strength?
- Did [name] have any major accomplishments while working for you?
- If you were to create a role for this person, what responsibilities would you assign this person vs. other members of the team?
- How does [name] respond to feedback?
- What skills would you have liked to see the candidate develop to reach their full potential?
4💬 Final questions
After asking these two questions, end the call on a positive note by thanking the person for their time once again.
- Would you work with [name] again?
- What else should I know about the candidate that I didn’t ask